Sunday 17 March 2024

BRING OUT THE GIMP



I made the Nirvana barcode to be the beat of 'Scentless Apprentice' by Nirvana tapped out in approximate barcode shape using the tool of the qwerty keyboard, but by now I think it more interesting to write it down, put it on the fire, and photograph the fire. Unfortunately my mother is asleep in the sitting room so I can't go in there and make the fire up yet. In the meantime you might have to have my dad's photo of me standing next to a bin on the day I got my degree instead! I got a good degree, b/t/w, and it included a portfolio taking the form of defaced bank notes in its plot, also a dissertation on the work of David Morley. My dissertation was classified as "an immanent, Kantian critique in mimicking the methodology of Morley's series of findings into itself, into the concept of art and science writing as a single discussion of perception."



















No comments:

Post a Comment