Sunday 17 March 2024

THE PURPLE-BLEEDING SCREEN





This is a picture taken by Dr. Robert L G Tucker, of me with a guitar. My mnemonic for the 6 strings of the electric b/t/w is too crude to say, and that is not why I bring you this photo. My reason for incorporating it is that you can still just about see the numinous, purple-bleeding screen. As my dad was dying, my screen bloomed a numinous purple light whose colour was co-aligned with mystery, sex, suadade, longing and shame to incorporate every vowel sound into a feeling. The computer died at the exact same moment as my dad, which seems to have something post-humanist about it. I said goodbye at that moment not just to my dad himself but also to a veritable data-tree and a machine that made every online film into a noir. Thanks to Dr. Robert L G Tucker for the photograph this time. He knows a lot more about computing than me, and helped me write the verse that goes: 

I. T. might stand for Instant Travel too, 
NHS for Lucy in the soul w/ demons,
H20 for hypothalamus tattoo, 
ESA for Extra Sensory Allowance. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment